Friday, February 15, 2008

What Moveitfred Is Doing Right Now

This is a new, riveting installment of this blog. What am I doing right now? I'm reviewing a book for a publisher. When I agreed to do this weeks ago it seemed like a good idea at the time. But then came the inevitable delays in getting the copy to me and then I let the project sit, and sit, and sit in my inbox until I got the annoying "reminder email" from the editor that the review is due today.

Fuck.

So I've put in an hour and plan for an hour more of this torture. Then it's going to be off on the cross bike into the woods across town. Got to do it. Got to go. First time out on the cross bike in weeks. And then whatever is left of this project will string out into the blurry night.

2 comments:

megA said...

are you allowed to tell us what the book is about?

you have a publisher?

just how freaking cool are you?

xoxo
m

Moveitfred said...

No, I reviewed a book for a publisher (notice past tense--I did complete the task that night). This is akin to being shackled to a chain gang and breaking rocks as the trains swoosh by. Grunt work. Nothing at all like writing for glamorous, glossy national mags and receiving the acclaim of millions.