Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Storm

Wicked-ass storm this morning cancelled Day 3 of surf camp. My daughter and I got up early and trekked it down to Gilgo on the south shore hoping thing might hold off a bit to get in some time in the water, but no such luck. Soon after arriving at the beach all hell broke loose. Torrential rain, lightning, flooding, mass hysteria, dogs and cats living together.

Stopped off at Bunger on the way home to get a new leash for the board and discovered the entire town of Babylon was under water. We got the leash and then began what turned out to be a two hour slog-fest to get home. Serious flooding on the roads, cars completely submerged in lakes that formed under bridges, traffic lights out, hell on earth. It was one of those days when it felt great just to get home and walk through the front door. Ahhhh.

With my son away on a field trip to god-knows-where, my daughter and I got deep into a serious exchange of Clue for the afternoon. In the end I just sort of blew off the entire day--no workout whatsoever. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Just started reading Flight and I think I'll go finish it tonight.....

No comments: