Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ahhhh, Gackkkk



Damn I'm sick. Head throbbing/muscle aching/sleepy/spewing sick. Don't want to see or talk to anyone sick. Can't stand even looking at the dog with her waggy tail sick.

However I just waded through the gazillion comments over on G's site about cross fields and promotion and, surprisingly, the whole mud-slinging, off-camber excursus made me feel better.

Hey, I just want to say lids off to the promoters and the racers who bust their asses to make these events happen. I'm an old guy who used to be a little fast back in the day and who is trying to hang on to something by getting into this whole cross scene. I've been to four different races and venues this season, all well done and all different. Having done my fair share of "promotion" in some other contexts throughout my life I have a sense of the work involved in putting on these things.

Look at me. All touchy/feely. Maybe I'll just give myself a hug, go have some warm soup, and do another race in a couple of weeks or so.

No comments: